Who does not like to roam whenever we go to a beautiful place outside our city, a hotel is often needed to stay. And every hotel provides good service according to its standard which also impresses you.
But if the environment of the hotel and the services there attract so much that you also want to be a part of a great hotel.
For this, you will have to take a course in hotel management and according to your needs, you will also get the option to work in the hotel.
And the special thing is that nowadays, in the hotel industry, new job options keep coming up. That is why after taking a hotel management course, you can easily get the job of your choice.
What is Hotel Management?
Hotel management means managing the hotel in every way. That is, to learn how to do every activity in the hotel in the right way and at the right time.
It involves a lot of work like Hospitality, Hotel Booking, Event Management, Customer Service, etc.
The hotel industry of any country has a huge contribution. That is why the chances of growth are very high in this industry.
Tourists, whether national or international, take advantage of the services of the hotel industry. Therefore, there is a great need for experts and graduates in this field who can satisfy all the customers with their service.
Different Job Profiles in Hotel Industry
- Director of Hotel Operation Manager
- House Keeping Manager
- Floor Supervisor
- Guest Service Supervisor
- Restaurant & Food Service Manager
- Food and Vibration Manager
- Front Office Manager
- Events Manager
- Kitchen Manager
- Wedding Co-ordinator
Hotel Management Courses and Eligibility Criteria
|Diploma||1 Year||Candidate must have to score a minimum of 50% marks in their 10th and 12th class.||AIMA UGAT, BVP CET Exams, BIT Mesra Hotel Management Entrance Test(BHMCT)|
|Undergraduate||3 Years||Candidate must have to score a minimum of 50% marks in their 12th class.||AIMA UGAT, AIHMCT WAT, BVP CET, DTE HMCT, JET entrance exam|
|Post Graduate||2 Years||Candidate must have to complete their Graduation from a recognized University||UPSE MAT, XAT, NMAT, GMAT, MAT|
Top Hotel Management Courses
- Diploma in Food and Vivage Services
- Diploma in Front Office
- Diploma in Food Production
- Diploma in Bakery and Confectionery
- Diploma in housekeeping
- Bachelor of Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Hotel Management in Food and Beverage
- Master of Hotel Management
- Master of Business Administration in Hospitality Management
- Master of Business Administration in Hotel Management
Sub-Specialization Courses In Hotel Management
1. Marketing of Services
In this course, how to deliver the product and service of the hotel to the tourist, it is taught. In this, complete planning is also taught to satisfy the customer through the different services of room, food, spa service, gaming lounge, etc.
2. Food Science and Dietic Management
In this course, students are given practical knowledge related to food service which includes important topics such as maintaining nutritive value in the food, making menu plans and controlling food quality so that the guests can be given healthy and quality food and satisfy them.
3. Events & Conference Management
This is a very important course. In this course, the skills related to developing events in the hotel are organized properly. Because after doing this course, the hotel workers are responsible for managing the events that take place in the hotel. Therefore, the skill to handle it better is taught to them under this course.
4. Facility Planning, Design, and Management
This means that the more organized and beautiful the hotel is, the greater the number of customers coming there. Therefore, this course is also very important. And in this course, the skills of facility planning and designing its layout are taught properly.
5. Hospitality Law
Before running any agency institute, it is very important to know the law related to it and in the hotel industry, there are many laws related to building, employment, and customer safety, which are explained in this course so that if needed Any situation can be easily handled and hotel reputations and safety can be maintained.
Salary Offered In Hotel Industry
If we talk about salary, then it completely depends on your post and experience. Nevertheless, it can be easily said that you can get Rs.15000 to Rs.20000 per month. If you join a good hotel as a fresher or graduate in hotel management then the salary will increase as the experience increases.
Fresher -INR 10,000 – 15,000 per year
Management Trainees – INR 20,000 per month
Hotel Manager – INR 4,44,324 per year
Apart from this, if you have done a course from a good college, then this salary will be much better. Therefore, every step related to making a career in hotel management will take thoughtfully.
Best Colleges/Institute For Hotel Management In India
If you want to become an important and successful part of your favorite field ie Hotel Management, then most of all you have to choose a college or institute that can give you practical knowledge which will make your skill perfect and make you fully prepared as a professional. Therefore, you have to choose the first step in your career very carefully.
1. Best Hotel Management Colleges In Delhi
- Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Nutrition, New Delhi
- Delhi Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, New Delhi
- International Institute of Hotel Management, New Delhi
- Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, New Delhi
- Indian Hotel Academy, New Delhi
2. Best Hotel Management Colleges In Mumbai
- Institute Of Hotel Management Catering Technology And Applied Nutrition, Mumbai
- Rizvi College of Hotel Management, Mumbai
- Apeejay Institute Of Hospitality (AIH), Navi Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Hospitality and Management (IIHM), Mumbai
- Mumbai College of Hotel Management and Catering (MCHMCT), Mumbai
- Anjuman-I-Islam’s Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology, Mumbai
3. Best Hotel Management Colleges In Banglore
- Institute Of Hotel Management (IHM), Banglore
- Army Institute Of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (AIHMCT), Banglore
- International Institute Of Hotel Management (IIHM), Banglore
- Faculty of Hospitality Management and Catering Technology (FHMCT), Banglore
4. Best Hotel Management Colleges In Pune
- AISSMS College of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Pune
- Kohinoor International Management Institute (KIMI), Pune
- International Institute Of Hotel Management (IIHM), Pune
- MA Rangoonwala Institute Of Hotel Management and Research, Pune
- Sinhgad Institute Of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (SIHMCT), Lonavala, Pune
- Ecole Hoteliere, Lavasa, Pune
- Dr. DY Patil Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Pune
So if you get out of a degree or diploma from the right college or institute, then you will have all the important skills related to hotel management, which can easily get you a job even in big hotels.
And maybe you become so expert in yourself that after the experience you get the opportunity to do jobs in Taj Groups of Hotels and Oberoi Groups Hotels.
And the special thing is that today there are many 5-stars and 7-star hotels in India which also have chain i.e you will get more job options.
Check here for more careers option