In this article, I will talk about how to delete gmail account. As you know, the gmail is Google’s another messaging service with the help you can send emails to people through an electronic medium.
Now there might be several reasons for deleting the gmail account. But, if you have already decided to not use your gmail account anymore then you can do it in a very easy way.
But let me tell you one important thing before going to permanently delete gmail account is that only your gmail account and the contents inside it will be deleted, but the other Google services that are connected to your gmail account will not be deleted.
Why do People want To Delete Their Gmail Account?
- You may have created an email account several years ago and you do not use it.
- You may have been spoiled or useless emails from many spam emails or unknowingly, and you want to delete that email account.
- Or maybe you have a lot of email accounts and you can not handle all those email accounts.
Whatever the reason, if you want to delete your gmail account, then you can do it in just 2-3 steps.
Consider Below Important Things
1. You can’t update passwords and username of any 3rd party accounts which are connected with your G-mail account
Yes! If your Gmail account is connected with so many 3rd party accounts and when you will try to reset of those accounts passwords and usernames, then you’ll not be able to do this. So, before you’re going to delete your Gmail account, make sure that you must update those accounts who are connected with your current Gmail account.
2. You must have to take a Backup of Your Gmail Account
Before going to delete your Gmail account, you should to take backup of it. Because, you may have some valuable data like files, message etc. So, if you decided to delete your gmail account then take backup of your whole important data and then proceed for deleting steps.
Now, let’s learn how to delete Gmail Account in just a few minutes.
How to Delete Gmail Account on by Using Desktop or Laptop
1. First, Sign in You Gmail account
You have to first log in to your Gmail account. So, enter your email address and password and click on the sign-in button. You can directly enter your account by clicking this link.
2. Under Account Preferences, just click on delete your account and services.
If you have done the sign in step, click on delete your account and services section which is available on Account Preferences.
3. Click on Delete Products and then Enter Confirmation Password
After clicking on deleting your account and services, tap on Delete Product and you will be asked for the confirmation password. So, enter your current account password and click on Next Button.
4. Click on Delete icon which is Situated next to Gmail
After clicking on the Next button, another window will open where you can download your data. If you wish then you can download it. But if you don’t want then left it and click on the Trash icon which is available next to your Gmail.
5. Enter the e-mail address and finally click on the delete button
Now, after clicking on the trash button of Gmail, a new page will open in front of you and will ask you to enter a new email address. Make sure that the email address should not be Gmail address. It should be in [email protected] And on this email address, you will get a confirmation link from Google. When you click on that confirmation link, another page will open where you can delete your email account finally.